- Spinal dysraphism
- Peripheral Nerve
- Neuroendoscope Flexible
- Neuroendoscope Rigid
- Frameless navigation
- Spinal instrumentation
Department of Neurosurgery №3 (for children) was created on January 3, 1994 at the 9th City Clinical Hospital of Minsk by the National Scientific Academy of The Republic of Belarus with the contribution of Professor, Head of the Department of Neurological and Neurosurgical diseases BSMU F.V. Oleshkevich. For many years he was the scientific head of the Department.
On 01.02.1998 was created the pediatric neurosurgical intensive care unit with a capacity of 6 beds.
In our days, in the department of pediatric neurosurgery work a professional team of pediatric neurosurgeons. In the department are 30-bed multi-branch for patients. Each year, in the department are performing more than 600 neurosurgical operations, from which 120 -130 are performed for tumors of the central nervous system (CNS), 250-270 are for the treatment of the hydrocephalus and its complications.
For the treatment of patients with hydrocephalus of different etiology in the department carried out various shunt surgical techniques (ventriculo-peri
We do neuroendoscopy in different cases of occlusive forms of hydrocephalus, multilevel occlusion of liquor pathways and brain cysts.
Endoscopically we perform: Endoscopic third ventriculostomy (ETV), aqueductoplasty, ventriculocyster
We have considerable experience in the treatment of complications of hydrocephalus and shunt operations.
n the department we are performing neurosurgical intervention for:
- brain tumors, spinal cord tumors and skull tumors.
- Congenital CNS Malformations, spinal cord malformations and pathologies of the skull such as Spina bifida; craniostenosis; Chiari malformation, teathered spinal cord syndrome. diastematomieliy
a, syringomyelia, and others.Treatment of some of this pathologies are treated in the early neonatal period.
- Hydrocephalus: shunt and endoscopic neurosurgery.
- Cysts of the brain and spinal cord which are performed both direct and minimally invasive by endoscopic surgery.
- Vascular diseases of the brain and spinal cord: are treated surgical or endovascular interventions.
- Peripheral nerve injuries.
- Degenerative diseases of the spine.
- Traumatic brain injury. Plastics for skull defects, post-traumatic CSF. Facial nerve plastics.
- Treatment for liquorrhea with the use of microsurgical and endoscopic procedures.
- Minimally invasive stereotactic neurosurgery.
- Surgical treatment of Parkinson's disease, muscular dystonia, essential tremor etc.
- Surgical treatment of drug-resistant forms of epilepsy.
- Surgical treatment of spastic syndrome with cerebral palsy (CP).
- Traumatic brain injury and concomitant injury.
- Purulent and parasitic lesions of the brain and spinal cord.
For accurate diagnosis we use modern diagnostic techniques such as:
- Spiral computed tomography (CT) in the dual-energy tomography,
- CT - angiography;
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) at 3.0 slides machine;
- Digital subtraction cerebral angiography, spinal angiography;
- Neurosonography (brain ultrasound);
- Duplex ultrasound of brachiocephalic arteries, transcranial Doppler.
graphy (EEG), Holter monitoring EEG, video - EEG, polysomnography, concentration of anticonvulsant drugs in the blood control.
raphy (electroneuromyo graphic)
- Evoked potentials broad modalities - acoustic, visual, cognitive, somatosensory test.
During this time, in the department were treated patients not only from Belarus, but also from Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Latvia.
Talabaev Mikle, Head.of the department, PhD, the main specialist of pediatric neurosurgery of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus.
Current and Past Partnerships
This member has current or past partnerships in these countries
- Russian Federation
Partnership / Mentorship details
The Mother and Child National Research Center
Belarussian research center for pediatric oncology, hematology and immunology
Federal State Autonomous Institution «N .N. Burdenko National Scientific and Practical Center for Neurosurgery»
We have contact with several hospitals around the world: Israel, Finland , Japan, UK.