June 16, 2022
I am urological surgeon working in area with huge patient burden. Patients with variety of problems appear to our urology clinic. Stone disease, LUTS/Prostate, Urethral stricture disease/USD and Bladder Tumour are among the frequent problems. I request to have knowledge and skill development to advance Endo-urology/UUT care in my hospital, and do research on common urologic problems.
- Auditing and research is among poorly performed activities in my hospital. Any form of assistance and guide is valuable
- In Africa, especially SSA, surgical instruments and equipment are either incomplete or no at all. This will be worse for endouroogy equipment. Purchasing these equipment under usual hospital finance system is difficult or impossible. Any assistance to fill this gap from different organizations is my request
- Regarding research, I am interested to do research locally and with others at wider level.
- I with my colleagues have plan to start training in Urology. I, as head of the division of Urology, need assistance to establish good training centre.
- Although stone disease is so common in community living in my hospital’s catchment area, endoscopic services for Upper urinary tract and stone fragmentation procedures are not currently practiced in my university hospital. I request for training on this aspect and I am sure to change the trend in my hospital in particular and to my country in general.
This Request is open to:
- General urological surgeon
This Request relates to the following areas of expertise:
Radical tumour surgery
Ureteroscopy and stone fragmentation
Short-term (1 visit or up to 1 year)
Last updated: June 16, 2022