Pangea Global Health Education can provide tailored Education programs in partnership with local institutions around specific needs/requests.
- Adult Neurosurgery
- Advice on clinical case management
- Bedside clinical teaching
- Didactic lectures
- Assistance with creating a full research partnership with joint research projects and academic exchange
- Assistance with Data collection, audit and outcome measurement
- Assistance with specific local research projects
- Assistance in planning or establishing a training/residency program
- Exchange programmes
- Observerships for trainees
- Supervision of trainees
- Teaching a new skillset to a trained neurosurgeon
- Skull Base
- Frameless navigation
I graduated MBBS from the University of Sydney in 1988 and trained in Neurosurgery (FRACS) in Sydney and Melbourne. I undertook both clinical and research fellowships in Neuro-oncology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard University in Boston. I was awarded an MD from the University of Melbourne in 2008. I am the Chair of Neurosurgery at The Royal Melbourne Hospital and Head of Central Nervous System Tumours for the VCCC Parkville Precinct. In 2019 I was awarded Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for services to medicine, particularly in the field of neuro-oncology and community health. I am Chair of the Pangea Global Health Education, a not-for-profit non-government organisation. We are a team of volunteer health care, adult education and program management professionals who are dedicated to improving health outcomes on a global scale. We have been delivering health education in partnership with local communities on the African continent for over 10 years. Our vision is "to deliver the most effective health education in the world" and we continue to look for further opportunities and partnerships in health education.
Current and Past Partnerships
This member has current or past partnerships in these countries
Partnership / Mentorship details
Yearly Multidisciplinary Surgical and Critical Care Education programs with a NFP NGO "Pangea Global Health Education" (formerly "Specialists Without Borders").